Where did the Spanish romero family come from? What is the Spanish coat of arms/family crest? When did the romero family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the history of the family name?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Romero, Romera, Romeros, Romeu and others.
First found in Aragon, one of the medieval Christian kingdoms of northern Spain.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Among the early explorers of the New World was Juan Romero, who accompanied Pedro de Valdivia on his expedition to Chile in 1540. Also of note was another Juan Romero, who voyaged to Paraguay and Argentina in the mid sixteenth century. He was twice Governor of Buenos Aires. Other early migrants to the New World were Alonso Romero, who sailed to New Spain in 1534.
Some noteworthy people of the name romero
* Cesar Romero (1907-1904), American actor
* Emilio Felipe Romero, American physician
* John Romero, American programmer and creator of the best-selling Doom(tm) series of of computer games.
* Juan Carlos Romero, American physician
* Pepe Romero, Spanish classical guitarist
* Rafael Romero, Spanish poet
* Alberto C. Romero, actor, comedian and entertainer
* Cesar Romero, actor
* Elvio Romero, Paraguayan poet
* Francisco Romero, Argentinian philosopher and writer
* Gilbert E. Romero, Colorado state representative
* José Rubén Romero, Mexican novelist, short-story writer, and poet
* Luis Amescua Romero (b. 1927), Mexican economist
* Monsignor Oscar Romero, Archbishop of San Salvador, assassinated in 1980
Orders over $90 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).