Spelling variations of this family name include: Kane, Kayne, O'Kane, Cain, O'Cain and others.
First found in county Derry.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Charles Kane settled in New London Conn. in 1811 with his family; Charles, David, Francis, Henry, James, John, Michael, Patrick, Thomas and William Kane, who all arrived in Philadelphia between 1840 and 1870.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Some noteworthy people of the name Kane
* Robert Kane (1916-1998), American cartoonist and comic book illustrator, who created Batman in 1939
* Carol Kane (b. 1952), American actress, played the wife of Andy Kaufman's character on the t.v. show "Taxi"
* Elisha Kent Kane (1820-1857), American, US Navy medical officer, member of two Arctic expeditions to rescue the explorer Sir John Franklin
* Paul Kane (1810-1871), Canadian (Irish-born) painter
* Colonel John R Kane, who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1943
Please be aware that there is more than one coat of arms for this surname. If you would like this particular coat of arms, you must describe it on your order form. If you don't describe it on your order form, we will provide you with the oldest coat of arms on record for this surname, which may or may not be the one pictured above.
Orders over $90 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).