Where did the French Castillo family come from? What is the French coat of arms/family crest? When did the Castillo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the history of the family name?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castillon, Castillau, Castillo, Casttilon, Casttilonne, Gastillon, Gastilon, Gastillau, Gastillo, Castilon, Castillone, Castillau, Cassttilon, Cassttilone, Casstilon, Casstilone, Casttillon, Casttillone, Cassttillon, Cassttillone, Casttilonne, Casstilonne, Casstilonne, Casttillone, Gastillone, Gasttilon, Gasttilone, Gassttilon, Gassttilone, Gasstilon, Gasstilone, Gasttillon, Gasttillone, Gassttillon, Gassttillone, Gasttilonne, Gasstilonne, Gasstilonne and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where the family has been seated since ancient times.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Giles Elias Castillon, who settled in Philadelphia in 1848; R. Castillo, aged 18; settled in New York in 1821; Maria Del Castillo settled in New Orleans in 1778.
Some noteworthy people of the name Castillo
* Joey Castillo (b. 1966), American rock drummer
* Antonio Cánovas del Castillo (1828-1897), Spanish conservative politician, historian, and man of letters
* Arthur Thomas Castillo, Management and Marketing Executive, New York
* Braulio Castillo (b. 1968), Dominican Republic professional baseball player
* Eliseo Castillo (b. 1975), Cuban professional boxer
* Francisco Antonio Concha Castillo (1855-1928), Chilean poet
* Francisco Javier Ovalle Castillo (b. 1882), Chilean writer and journalist
* Jorge Castillo (b. 1933), Spanish-Argentine painter and sculptor
* José Elías Osuna Castillo (b. 1923), politican scientist and lawyer in Venezuela
* Miguel Santín del Castillo, President of El Salvador 1858–1860
Orders over $90 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).