Where did the Spanish Soto family come from? What is the Spanish coat of arms/family crest? When did the Soto family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the history of the family name?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Soto, de Soto, Desoto, Sota, de Sota, de la Sota, Desota, Sotela, Sotelo, de Sotelo, Sotera, Sotero, Sotillo and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Among the early explorers of the New World was Hernando de Soto, who voyaged to Central America with Pedrarias Dávila in 1514. He explored present-day Panama, Nicaragua and Honduras during the 1520s. Later he journeyed to Peru with Pizarro, returning to Spain in 1535. He set out again in 1538.
Some noteworthy people of the name Soto
* Gary Soto (b. 1952), American poet, writer and educator
* Miguel Angel Asensio Soto (1940-1975), Spanish lawyer
* Aida R. Soto, research chemist
* Carlos Soto, brewery executive
* Claudio A. Soto, professor of Neurology at the University of Texas Medical Branch
* John Soto, company executive
* Luis Emilio Soto, Argentinian writer and literary critic
* Radamés José Soto, journalist
* Roberto Fernando Eduardo Soto, news director
* Victor Soto, government official
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).