Where did the English Slaughter family come from? What is the English coat of arms/family crest? When did the Slaughter family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the history of the family name?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Slaughter, Sloughter, Slighter, Sclater and others.
First found in Gloucestershire where they held a family seat from ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest in 1066.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: John Slaughter who settled in Virginia in 1622; Charles Slaughter who settled in Virginia in 1665 with his wife Dorothy; Rebecca Slaughter settled in Virginia in 1635.
For more information on the last name Slaughter, the PDF Surname History is available for purchase as well as other products.
Suggested Readings for the name Slaughter
* History of a Missouri Farm Family by Stephen S. Slaughter.
* Slaughter and Price Genealogy by Raymond D. Slaughter.
* The Slaughter Ranches & their Makers by Mary Whatley Clarke.
Some noteworthy people of the name Slaughter
* Louise McIntosh Slaughter (b. 1929), American Democratic Party politician
* Frank Gill Slaughter (1908-2001), pseudonym C.V. Terry, was an American bestselling novelist and physician
* Andrew Francis Slaughter (b. 1960), United Kingdom politician
* James Slaughter, Australian Executive Advisor
Please be aware that there is more than one coat of arms for this surname. If you would like this particular coat of arms, you must describe it on your order form. If you don't describe it on your order form, we will provide you with the oldest coat of arms on record for this surname, which may or may not be the one pictured above.
Also, the heraldry images on this website are copyrighted. Please email me if you would like permission to use the image pictured above on a website.
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).