Spelling variations of this family name include: Noel, Noell, Nole and others.
First found in Staffordshire where they were seated from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Peter Noel and Joseph Noel, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1736; Fred Noel, who arrived in New York in 1837; as well as Charlotte Noel and her husband, who arrived in New York in 1821.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Motto Translated: To every man his own.
Suggested Readings for the name Noel
Eighty Years in America by Leland Noel, The Hardys of Louisiana and their Ancestors by Grace L. Hardy.
Some noteworthy people of the name Noel
* Edmond Favor Noel (1856-1927), American politician, governor of Mississippi (1908-1912)
* Phillip Noel (b. 1931), American politician, Governor of Rhode Island (1973-1977)
* Roden Berkeley Wriothesley Noel (1834-1894), English poet
* Jean Baptiste Noel, prominent French political figure during the Revolution who died in Paris in 1793
* Marie Rouget Noel (1883-1968), French poetess
Please be aware that there is more than one coat of arms for this surname. If you would like this particular coat of arms, you must describe it on your order form. If you don't describe it on your order form, we will provide you with the oldest coat of arms on record for this surname, which may or may not be the one pictured above.
Also, the heraldry images on this website are copyrighted. Please email me if you would like permission to use the image pictured above on a website.
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).