The surname of NASON (also spelt Nass and Nassau) has the associated coat of arms recorded in Sir Bernard Burkes General Armory. Ulster King of Arms in 1884. Earl of Rochford; extinct in 1830: (Frederick de Nassau, the illegitimate son of Henry Frederick de Nassau, Prince of Orange, the grandfather of William III was the father of William Henry de Zuyleston, the confidential friend of William III, who raised him to the Peerage of England in 1695). The origin of badges and emblems, are traced to the earliest times, although, Heraldry, in fact, cannot be traced later than the 12th century, or at furthest the 11th century. At first armorial bearings were probably like surnames and assumed by each warrior at his free will and pleasure, his object being to distinguish himself from others. It has long been a matter of doubt when bearing Coats of Arms first became hereditary. It is known that in the reign of Henry V (1413-1422), a proclamation was issued, prohibiting the use of heraldic ensigns to all who could not show an original and valid right, except those 'who had borne arms at Agincourt'. The College of Arms (founded in 1483) is the Royal corporation of heralds who record proved pedigrees and grant armorial bearings. The name was of German origin, a locational name meaning one who came from Nassau or Nassauer, which was the name of two places in Germany. Local names usually denoted where a man held his land, and indicated where he actually lived. The German royal house of Nassau traces its descent from Dudo, County of Lauenberg, who flourished between 1093 and 1117. His family acquired the county of Nassau in the 12th century. A notable member of the name was Howard King NASON, born 12th July, 1913. As a Chemist, he was associated with the Monsanto Chemical Company since 1936, and President of the Monsanto Research Corporation, St. Louis. He was the author of numerous scientific articles in the field.
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).