Spelling variations of this family name include: Hammond, Hammon, Hammons, Hamon, Hamond and others.
First found in Kent where they were seated from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Daniel Hammond settled in Bermuda in 1635; Elizabeth Hammond and her husband settled in Boston Mass. in 1630 with their four children; Henry Hammond arrived in Fort Cumberland Nova Scotia with his wife and three children in 1774.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
* Jay Sterner Hammond (b. 1922), American politician, governor of Alaska from 1974-1982
* George Hammond, American Chemist
* John Hammond Jr. (b. 1942), American blues guitarist/harmonica player
* Reginald Walter Hammond (1903-1965), English cricket player
* John Hammond Sr. (1910-1987), famed talent scout, producer, promoter in the popular music industry
* Dame Joan Hood Hammond (b. 1912), Australian operatic soprano
Please be aware that there is more than one coat of arms for this surname. If you would like this particular coat of arms, you must describe it on your order form. If you don't describe it on your order form, we will provide you with the oldest coat of arms on record for this surname, which may or may not be the one pictured above.
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).