Spelling variations of this family name include: Eaton, Eton, Eaten and others.
First found in Cheshire where they were seated from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Alexander Eaton who settled in Boston Mass. in 1651; Eliza Eaton settled in Pennsylvania in 1682; Francis Eaton, his wife Sarah, and son Samuel, arrived on the "Mayflower" and settled in Plymouth, Mass. in 1620.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Motto Translated: Truth conquers all things.
Suggested Readings for the name Eaton
The Kiehl/Manwarren Genealogy Margery Kiehl Hughes.
Some noteworthy people of the name Eaton
* Charles Warren Eaton, American landscape artist
* Margaret Eaton (1799-1879), American socialite
* Shirley Eaton (b. 1937), British actress, best rembered for her role as the golden girl in Goldfinger
* Theophilus Eaton, first governor of New Haven Colony, Connecticut
* Cyrus Eaton, Industrialist
* Sir John Eaton,
* Air Marshall Brian Eaton,
* Timothy Eaton (1834-1907), was a Canadian businessman who founded the Eaton's department store, one of the most important retail businesses in Canada's history
* William Meriton Eaton, 2nd Baron Cheylesmore
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).