Spelling variations of this family name include: Domínguez, Dominguez, Domingues, Domingo, Dominguín and many more.
First found in Castile, predominant among the Christian kingdoms of mediaeval Spain.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anton Dominguez, who came to Dominican Republic in 1536; Aparicio Dominguez, who came to Port uncertain in 1536; Alonso Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1539.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Some noteworthy people of the name Dominguez
* Dr. Frank Domínguez, American university professor
* Pedro Mata Domínguez (1875-1946), Spanish poet and novelist
* Adolfo Dominguez (b. 1950), Spanish fashion designer
* Francisco Serrano y Domínguez Duke de la Torre (1810-1885), Spanish marshal and statesman
* Ramón Becerra Domínguez (b. 1890), Colombian, romantic poet
* Manuel Domínguez, Paraguayan historian
* María Alicia Domínguez, Argentinian poet
* Alejandro Damián Domínguez (b. 1981), Argentine football player
* Diego Dominguez (b. 1966), Argentine rugby player
* Alfonso Martínez Domínguez (1922-2002), Mexican politician, mayor of Mexico City 1970–1971
Please be aware that there is more than one coat of arms for this surname. If you would like this particular coat of arms, you must describe it on your order form. If you don't describe it on your order form, we will provide you with the oldest coat of arms on record for this surname, which may or may not be the one pictured above.
Also, the heraldry images on this website are copyrighted. Please email me if you would like permission to use the image pictured above on a website.
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).