Spelling variations of this family name include: Conley, Connolly, Connelly, Connell, Connall, Connally, Conelly, Conolly, Conlay, Conlaye, Conleigh and many more.
First found in Offaly where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Abraham Conley of Kittery in 1640; who took the oath of fidelity in 1652; and was Constable of the new colony from 1647 to 1650. Isabel Conley settled in Maryland in 1697.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Motto Translated: Not for himself.
Suggested Readings for the name Conley
"The Conley Family: Descendants of Nicholas" by Jean A. Curran, "Conley-Connelly, Descendants of Thomas Connelly of Northern Lancaster and York Counties, Pennsylvania" by Frances Wise Waite.
Some noteworthy people of the name Conley
* Dalton Conley (b. 1969), American sociologist
* Darby Conley (b. 1970), American cartoonist
* Darlene Conley (1934-2007), Irish-American actress
* Earl Thomas Conley, American country music singer
* Eugene Conley, American opera singer
* George Conley, American rancher and Attorney
* Gene Conley (b. 1930), professional baseball and basketball player, who played for both World Series and NBA winning teams
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).