Spelling variations of this family name include: Campbell, Cambell, Cambel, Camble, Cammell and many more.
First found in Argyllshire where they held a family seat from early times.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Neil Campbel, who was a Scotch prisoners deported to New Jersey in 1685; Agnes Campbell, who arrived at New York in 1774 with her two children; the Campbells who migrated from the Highlands to Canada and U.
Suggested Readings for the name Campbell
"Campbell Family History" by Gwen Campbell.
Some noteworthy people of the name Campbell
* Alexander Campbell (1788-1866), American (Irish-born) religious leader, founder of the Disciples of Christ
* Carroll Ashmore Campbell Jr. (b. 1940), American, Republican politician, representative from South Carolina (1979-1987) and governor of South Carolina (1987-1995)
* Jack M Campbell (1916-1999), American lawyer and Democratic politician, governor of New Mexico (1963-1967)
* Joseph Campbell (1904-1987), American folklorist and authority on mythology
* Lana Deym Campbell, American artist
* William Wallace Campbell (1862-1938), American astronomer
* Douglas Campbell (1896-1990), American aviator awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and the Croix de Guerre during WWII. He was the first American aviator flying in an American unit to achieve the status of ace
* Gordon Thomas Calthrop Campbell, Baron Campbell of Croyborn, Scottish Conservative & Unionist politician
* Angus Peter Campbell, Gaelic writer
* Charles Arthur Campbell (1897-1974), Scottish philosopher
* Colen Campbell (1679-1726), Scottish architect
* Sir Colin Campbell (1792-1863), Scottish soldier
* George Campbell (1710-1796), Scottish theologian
* John Campbell (1779-1861), Scottish judge
* John Archibald Campbell (1859-1909), Scottish architect
* John Francis Campbell (1822-1885), Scottish folklorist
* John McLeod Campbell (1800-1872), Scottish theologian
* Lewis Campbell (1830-1908), Scottish classical scholar
* Thomas Campbell (1777-1844), Scottish poet and journalist
* Lieutenant Colonel Lorne MacLaine Campbell (1902-1991), Scottish soldier awarded the Victoria Cross during WWII
* Colin Campbell (1792-1863), British marshal
* John Campbell (1845-1914), Marquess of Lorne, Governor General of Canada
* Prime Minister Kim Campbell (b. 1947), 19th Prime Minister of Canada (1993)
* John Campbell, Canadian clarinetist
* Naomi Campbell, English model
* Mrs. Patrick Campbell (1865-1940), English actress
* Donald Malcolm Campbell (1921-1967), English car and speedboat racer
* Malcolm Campbell (1885-1949), English sportsman and racing driver
* Reginald John Campbell (1867-1956), English clergyman
* Ignatius Roy Dunnachie Campbell (1901-1957), South African poet and journalist
* William Wilfred Campbell (1860-1919), Canadian poet
* Brigadier John Charles Campbell (1894-1942), British soldier awarded the Victoria Cross during WWII
* Flying Officer Kenneth Campbell (1917-1941), British aviator awarded the Victoria Cross during WWII
* Captain Frederick William Campbell (1867-1915), Canadian soldier awarded the Victoria Cross for actions during WW I
Please be advised that there is more than one Campbell coat of arms available. Be sure to describe this one on your order form if it's the particular Campbell Family Crest you want.
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).