Spelling variations of this family name include: Cahill, O'Cahill, Kahill, Cawhill, Cahille, Cahil, Cahaly, Cahell, Cahel, Caughell, Kahil, Kahel, Caill, Cail and many more.
First found in county Galway where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Elizabeth Cahill, a bonded passenger, who arrived in America in 1735; Thomas Cahill, an "enforced emigrant" sent to America from Ireland in 1737; Daniel Cahill, who arrived at Marblehead, MA in 1768.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Motto Translated: I trust in the Lord.
Suggested Readings for the name Cahill
"The Cahills of Cincinnati and Related Families" by Richardson Dougall.
Some noteworthy people of the name Cahill
* Eddie Cahill (b. 1978), American actor
* Erin Cahill (b. 1980), American actress
* Leo Cahill (b. 1930), American professional football coach with the CFL
* Sarah Cahill (b. 1978), American beauty queen
* Edward Cahill, Irish Jesuit priest and academic
* Mabel Cahill, Irish championship tennis player
* Darren Cahill (b. 1965), Australian professional tennis player and coach
* Gary Cahill (b. 1985), English football player
* Thaddeus Cahill, inventor of the teleharmonium
* Tom Cahill, Australian politician from New South Wales
* Most Rev. Thomas Vincent Cahill, Archbishop of Canberra
* Thomas Quinn Cahill (b. 1940), US historian and publisher
* William T Cahill (1912-1996), Republican Governor of New Jersey, 1970-73
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).