Spelling variations of this family name include: Booker, Boocker, Bouker and others.
First found in Lancashire where they were seated from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anne Booker, who settled in Maryland in 1775; Margaret Booker settled in Virginia in 1654 with her daughter, Mary. Richard Booker settled in New England in 1758.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Motto Translated: Through God not by chance.
Suggested Readings for the name Booker
"The Bucher/Booker Family, 1686-1990" by Charles Lee Booker.
Some noteworthy people of the name Booker
* Harry Booker (1849-1924), American silent screen comedian
* Henry George Booker, American Professor in the Department of Applied Physics and Information Science at the University of California at San Diego
* Simeon Booker (b. 1918), African-American journalist
* Malcolm Richard Booker, Australian Diplomat, Ambassador to Yugoslavia
* Private Robert D Booker, who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1943
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).