Spelling variations of this family name include: Bond, Bonde, Bunde and others.
First found in Somerset where they were seated from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Barnard Bond who settled in Virginia in 1654; Edward Bond settled in 1636 in Virginia; Francis Bond settled in the Barbados with his wife, son, and servants, in 1680.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Motto Translated: The world does not suffice.
Suggested Readings for the name Bond
"The Bonds: An American Family" by Roger M. Williams.
Some noteworthy people of the name Bond
* William Cranch Bond, American astronomer
* George Phillips Bond, American astronomer
* Ward Bond (1903-1960), American actor
* Julian Bond (b. 1940), American politician and civil rights leader
* Carrie Jacobs Bond (1862-1946), American composer
* Frederick Bligh Bond (1864-1945), English Ecclesiastical architect, and archaeologist
* Graham Bond (1937-1974), English Rock musician
* Edward Bond (b. 1934), English playwright, theatre director, theorist and screenwriter
* Sir Robert Bond, Newfoundland political leader
* Alan Bond (b. 1938), Australian businessman
Please be aware that there is more than one coat of arms for this surname. If you would like this particular coat of arms, you must describe it on your order form. If you don't describe it on your order form, we will provide you with the oldest coat of arms on record for this surname, which may or may not be the one pictured above.
Also, the heraldry images on this website are copyrighted. Please email me if you would like permission to use the image pictured above on a website.
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).