Spelling variations of this family name include: Bohon, Bohun, Bone, Boon, Boone, Bohan, Bound and many more.
First found in Sussex, where they had been granted lands by King William after the Norman Conquest in 1066.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Ann Bone, who settled in Virginia in 1663; William Bone settled in Virginia in 1643; John Bone settled in Maryland in 1747; James Boone settled in Philadelphia in 1820.
(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
Suggested Readings for the name Boone
"Boon (also Boone) Genealogy, 1984" by Rupert Farham Thompson, "Boone, Eller, Sledge, Vaughn and Related Families" by Jesse H. Boone.
Some noteworthy people of the name Boone
* Daniel Boone (1734-1820), pioneer, one of the most famous frontiersman in American history
* Joel Thompson Boone, American Medal of Honor recipient, epoymn of the USS Boone (FFG-28)
* Charles Eugene Patrick "Pat" Boone (b. 1934), an American singer, Academy Award nominee
* John William "Blind" Boone (1864-1927), an American pianist and composer of ragtime music
* Richard Allen Boone (1917-1981), an American actor, best know for his starring role in the TV series Have Gun – Will Travel
* Aaron John Boone (b. 1973), professional (Major League) baseball player
* Robert Raymond Boone (b. 1947), former catcher and manager in Major League Baseball
Please be aware that there is more than one coat of arms for this surname. If you would like this particular coat of arms, you must describe it on your order form. If you don't describe it on your order form, we will provide you with the oldest coat of arms on record for this surname, which may or may not be the one pictured above.
Also, the heraldry images on this website are copyrighted. Please email me if you would like permission to use the image pictured above on a website.
A+ RATING ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
Orders over $85 qualify for Free Shipping within the U.S. (Use coupon code: FREESHIP).